GARSTANG SHOW – FIRST SATURDAY IN AUGUST
Get your wellies on for a fun filled family day out!
The Garstang Show will be held on 3rd August 2019. Open from 8.30am until 6pm, the show promises to be a brilliant family day out, packed full of entertainment. There will be agricultural and horticultural displays, a farmers market, craft stalls, children’s entertainment, a variety of trade stands, music, local food and beer. Our main ring act this year is the absolutely amazing Bold Dog Lings FMX Team, we can’t wait for you to see them! The spectacular Astral Circus return, alongside Champion Footballing Freestyler John Farnworth, SMJ Falconry, Madame Zucchini and others to be announced.
For those who may not have been to Garstang Show before, it’s a great event showcasing the very best in farming, horticulture and rural life. The society began back in 1809 and we have had over 203 successful shows since that date. The show holds many competitions for a great variety of farm animals including, Cattle, Sheep, Horses and Pygmy Goats but there is also an opportunity for you to enter your pets, perhaps in the rabbit section or in poultry. The Horticulture section also has some great competitions for bakers and crafters, as well as the hugely popular children’s sections.
The show includes:
- Numerous breeds of cattle, sheep and pigs, including rare breeds
- Shire Horses including brewery and private turnouts pulling old style brewery wagons
- Light Horses including several National Qualifiers for the Horse of the Year Show
- Rabbits, Poultry, Budgerigars, Pygmy Goats
- Horticultural and Floral Arts Marquee including Children’s Classes, Domestic Science, Photography, Handicraft and Honey Sections
- The companion dog show
- Craft Tent
- A Food Hall with tasters for the public and food demonstrations
- Love Garstang marquee from the Independent Traders of Garstang
- Young Farmer’s Club Display
- Display of modern and vintage tractors and machinery
- Bird of Prey Display
- Over 100 trade stands and shops
- Bar tent and music
- Children’s face painting, fair ground and circus workshops
NOT TO BE MISSED – The event attracts in the region of 15,000 spectators making it a superb day out for all the family and with FREE car parking.
For details of this year’s entrance fees and “early” booking discounts please visit the show’s website.
For further information on the show, entries and schedules, please contact the show secretary:
Mrs Gill Billington